Sunday 1 February 2009

I've Got It!

I've got a job! The confirmation call came through on Friday. I am now the Director of Sales, UK & Europe for Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces... representing their 3 key hotels in Boston, San Francisco and New York.

In a nutshell, it is an extension of my current role of corporate client account management and focusing on generating business into the North America properties.

I am really excited of this role! Not just because it's a great career development for myself and now being part of the Taj family, but it's also showcasing the 3 fantastic US cities and based here in London. Trips to Boston, San Francisco and New York here I come!

The interview process was one of the most tedious that I've ever been. Four rounds in total. From the very first lengthy meeting with the VP of UK & Europe, then a tele-conference call with VP of India and VP of North America, followed by a tele-presence (very cool stuff! Live TV screens conference) meeting with the 3 US hotel General Managers and respective Director of Sales, and finally a tele-conference call with the Senior VP of Taj and VP of HR both based in India. The whole process took 3 months to get to where we are today!

But I got it! Finally! I can only count my lucky stars especially in this difficult time and since I've decided to take voluntary redundancy in December, this is exactly what I need.

Will probably start work in 2 weeks time. Can't wait! It's going to be a tough year but bring it on!

4 comments:

don't ask so much... said...

wow!!!!!!! i'm so proud of u girl! X-D

Fabien said...

yay! I can see myself flying out for a trip as I have never been to SF and Boston :D

thanks for your help on Saturday! x

gfkc said...

wow.. ur amazing!..... congratulation

The Feedbackstar said...

Haha, ain't no florist no more! Congratz!