Monday 9 February 2009

The Real Flower Company @ Selfridges

With my job at Taj Hotels starting on the 16th Feb, and in the midst of the interview process before, I've turned down the job at The Real Flower Company in Selfridges.

It wasn't an easy decision but as I've mentioned, different set of priorities this year hence floristry have to wait. But I'm definitely up for any freelance work to gain more experience, improve my portfolio and to sort out my driver's licence as well. Basically, work in progress for floristry.

But just when I thought I've missed my chance in getting into floristry, The Real Flower Company have just offered me a part time role! With my new hotel job, I don't think I can afford to do a part time job full time, but I'm definitely up for any covers over their busy seasons. And therefore, I will be working as a florist at The Real Flower Company in Selfridges over this coming Valentine's period!

I'm so excited! They don't pay much but it's the experience that counts and it will be great fun over the 3 days leading to Valentine's weekend as well... Checking out the guys buying flowers for their Valentines ;-). Stay tune for more shop floor reports!

1 comment:

gfkc said...

this sounds exciting.. and make sure u dun over work urself...