Tuesday 26 August 2008

Meet The Parents

I know it's only a matter of time now that I've moved in but this Friday! Yes the time has come for me to meet D's parents.

For those who knew the background, D was out to everyone except his parents. Over the years he has been waiting for the right moment and time to tell his parents the truth about himself. Over the last twelve months, all the get-together with his sister's family and friends, all the holidays we took, all the things we did together over the last year... all were carefully mentioned with only the 'appropriate' details to his parents. It was getting a bit silly really.

The usual concern of how they will react and most important of all, wanting to introduce someone to his parents only when he knows the relationship is serious enough (No pressure there!), has kept him from telling them until now. Over lunch on Saturday just passed, he grapped that moment when was asked about his London pad, he told them that I've just moved in and the rest were history.

I'm really glad that D finally did it! No more covering up and it's also his way of committing to this relationship... for that I'm very pleased.

So now the question is... What am I going to wear?! How should I behave?! I've done the 'parent's round' before but I've never been so anxious! Feels like an important interview coming! I really want to impress them and make D proud! And its this Fri night! Arrgh!

5 comments:

don't ask so much... said...

2 words. pearl necklace.

gfkc said...

remember the miss singapore interview? yes just do that routine again and u will have no problem.
good luck.

Fabien said...

don't forget to mention world peace

モーモ said...

Make sure you bring something nice.It is always good to suck up to the parents.God i'm so excited for you.You go girl!!

don't ask so much... said...

meimei, just be urself n enjoy the dinner. (",)