Monday 14 July 2008

Meet The Boss

We were invited to a BBQ last Saturday by D's boss. Invitations went to her team - the Board of Directors plus partners.

I've been warned that it will be one of the 'biggest tests'... tougher than meeting the parents as it's not just about the attendees but it's also the first time that D has brought someone to such function.

D's boss is from America. Live in this leafy massive beautiful house in Surrey. Along the way from the station, we drove past one grand house after another. Do wonder how people can afford such places! Apparently she is being paid 10 times of what I'm earning. Outrageous!

The evening turn out to be very 'Presidents and their first Ladies', small talks, great food and wine, kids running in the massive perfectly lawn garden kind of way. It was not stuffy to be fair. Everyone was very friendly and chatty. Very down to earth people. At one point, the boys were chatting in the garden by the BBQ, and I was wondering if I should join the ladies in the kitchen. I stopped myself.

Did feel a bit out of my league but I think I've held up well. Did feel like I was entertaining my clients accept that the group was definitely on a higher level of management. D was relieved that the group cope well with him bringing his partner along and it was a very pleasant evening for both of us.

Every successful President have a supportive First Lady... and First Ladies got to do what they do best!

1 comment:

Fabien said...

:) so funny... well done, sounds like a big step for him as well as for you

the word verification below is asking me to type the word LiaOjio by the way