Thursday 9 August 2007

There's No Place I'd Rather Be

After all these years of being away... All the travelling and now resite in London... As much as I agree with Fabien about all these brain washing propaganda, one way and is THE WAY, one sided 'democratic' shit... I can truly relate to the song this time.

I grew up in Singapore. My family, friends and memories belongs there. I've served my time in the army. I had my life's foundation build up there.

All these years of living in foreign countries has one hand taught me to be who I am today, to be strong and that I have a voice, but on the other it has also made me appreciate the cleaniness, the law and order and the efficiency of how the nation is being managed. We can't deny that.

The best way I can put this is that growing up in Singapore has taught me to be an open minded and humane person. To be able to understand what is right and what isn't. I appreciate the goodness in Life and at the same time will not support what it's wrong. All the so called supression has made me want to be free. All the negativity growing up has made me want to turn everything positive.

There's no place I'd rather be... for my friends and family.


6 comments:

Fabien said...

I can relate to what you're saying, but this video is still a nonsensical joke!

You're missing home!
Hey I have an idea, shall we meet up and go to KIASU for a slap up meal :D....x

REN said...

We should! Lets do that! When?

Fabien said...

I can do this Tues 14th, Wed 15th or Thurs 16th... U? Fancy film fest cinema on Southbank as well? :D

The Feedbackstar said...

Aiyoh! Watz KIASU? Anyway, there's a longer version of this song that I know will make you like it even more. Will post it when I find it. Happy National Day!!!

REN said...

Sorry Fabien... Im off to Barcelona from the 15th and back on the 19th... Definitely up for Kiasu and the film fest! Would have to be next week though...

A longer version??!!! What she went round the world?? Lol!

REN said...

I know what you mean and don't get me wrong of missing Singapore... Its family and friends that I missed the most.