Sunday 5 August 2007

Moving On

What an awesome day is was! Brighton Pride rocks! Thanks to my group of friends who has once again 'took' me in and make me feel and proved to me that there is more life than a relationship. To some point it reaches a hedonistic level (within my controllable level nevertheless) but it did make me feel free... feel of 'Love'. I know its just another form of escapism. A silly way but it did make me feel good.

Then I met up with the gang again. People that I've spent most of my last 4 months together. People that I've learned to know and care. A person that I've grown my fondness for. Someone whom I can call my friend. We laugh together and truly cares for each other. Isn't that what friendship is all about.

As cold as the fact about us, as much as the doubts and disappointments I'm feeling... is there Friendship after Relationship?

Friendship strong enough to be able to overlook our incompatibility? Friendship strong enough to accept that maybe some things are just not meant to be? Friendship strong enough that we can still go on a holiday together?

One side of me do want to go because we both need a holiday and I know we'll have fun together... but on the other hand, with all the fond memories of the holiday, wouldn't that make things more complicated. For me especially. Will I then be able to handle the fact that we are just good friends travelling together?

It's not easy. Sometime I wished for a On/Off switch but I'm not made like that.

No comments: