Monday 13 August 2007

Serial Dater

What can one do to get over a failed relationship?

Well one can try the good old reliable retail therapy. Take up a new hobby. Go travelling. Dust off your dancing shoes. Or re-establish your link with your friends again, whom I must say thanks to them, I am strong again. Basically there are lots to do except feeling sorry for yourself!

So I became a serial dater! For the last one week, I've arranged 4 dates. Two went ahead and the other two I've to cancel because it just proofed too much! I'm still learning the ropes :-)

It was great fun. All the preparations and anticipations, all the words, all the flirting going on throughout the evening, knowing someone new and knowing yourself again. It does make you realise how much you've lost yourself in the previous relationship. Knowing who you are and what you are looking for again. You always learned from your mistakes. You tend to be more careful with your feelings after each time but at the end of the day, you follow your heart. I do, maybe a bit too excessive but I do.

The 2 dates turn out to be really great! Two individuals with two different minds, personalities and no doubt two great decent persons. Would definitely love to see them again soon.

Before anyone start pointing finger, as you all know me better, I'm not one who is good at doing such things. So long as I know I'm not hurting anyone, that's where I draw the line. At the end of the day, we are only dating, so let's have some fun along the way!

And for those who are still trying to get over a relationship... Pick yourself up! Shake your pathetic self off! Trust me! There are definitely still more better fish to catch in the sea! Go fish!

1 comment:

Fabien said...

Very Ally McBeal... Good for you :D