Monday 14 May 2007

More Tales Of The City

Have decided to read the Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin again. Picked up the series when I first moved to Sydney. Was hooked on it straight away! It was an easy read and also because it was set in one of my favorite cities San Francisco.

The series does make you laugh, cry, smile, and sometimes even evoke some self evaluations and discoveries. I supposed these books were the Sex and the City previous lives.

What also drawn me to the book was the central character. A young girl name Mary Ann Singleton. New to the city and trying to start anew. New rented room with strange landlord and housemates, her ups and downs, her friends, her men... So me years ago! Well now as well actually :-)

But this time reading the book again gives me new understanding and meaning. Its funny and amazing how one changes over the years. Changes are good! They make one better and stronger.

The first book of the series was actually given to me by ST. One of my very dear friends. In the book sleeve, he wrote "...make this first step to fulfill one of your 1999 resolutions. Enjoy and make yourself wonderful Tales of the City..."

Reading those words again did bring a smile to my face. All the tales after all these years... So young then and hopefully wiser now.

Thank you all for being part of my Tales of the Cities.


1 comment:

Fabien said...

Awwww.... so sweet :D
Don't blog when you've had too many vodka red bulls!! hahaha