Thursday 1 February 2007

Mother & Son

Received a call yesterday morning... 'Ah Ma fell and hurt herself! We're just on our way to the hospital!' My heart almost stopped!

Apparently she tripped on some spillage and fell in the kitchen, bruised her head and lost conscious for a short while. Doctor kept her for two hours for observation, deemed fine and was then later discharged.

As I was told, she was rather shaken and very emotional, especially when she was placed in a bed next to my Dad's when he was admitted two years ago... the fact that he didn't make it walking out of that hospital alive... Poor Mum... its never easy and never will be...

Can't help but feel helpless and guilty... I've been so far away and for so long by choice... its never easy and never will be...

Every time
when I visit, her spirit is always the same, one that I will always remember, respect and admire, but her physical state is never the same as before...

K: "You should be more careful... take it easy and rest..."

M: "I'm OK... do not worry... go back to your work..."

I can almost feel her pain there and then...

PS: Love you Mum xx

2 comments:

Fabien said...

*sigh* I know what you mean & how you feel.

Mine too. The once glamourous blonde french icon in the 80's is now an old lady too frail to work anymore.

Hope your mom will be ok.

We make our choices and that's how life is....x

gfkc said...

So is mine. Back home, the dragon lady is losing her tigerish power too.