Wednesday 28 February 2007

The Journey Continues...

"Congratulations you passed the test!"

"Really?! Have you got the score?"

"Sorry, we don't disclose those information... but please take this with you"

The letter reads "Following your test today in knowledge of Life in the UK this is to certify that you have reached the level required for the purposes of naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6 of the British Nationality Act 1981. This also confirms that your success at this test demonstrates that your level of competence in English meets required standard for naturalisation. No further proof of this is needed."

First of all I like to thank and I'm so grateful for the 12 years of education I've received in Singapore! My family and friends who keep me grounded! The amount of tax money I've paid into this country for the last 6 years! And with all that, this letter is what I get in this journey to UK residency!

And by the way! £34.00 for a computer based test, which I took 10 minutes to finish! Come on! I'm sorry... you can take the boy out from Singapore but you can't take Singapore out from the boy!

5 comments:

Fabien said...

so Singaporean - wants to know the score HAHAHAHA :D Well done & Congrats!

REN said...

I realised that as well especially when I was still checking my book after the test just to make sure I got all the answers right! I am Singaporean and Im proud to be one! :-)

gfkc said...

Congrats.... so what now? R U officially a UK PR?

What benifits can you get from them...?

free muffins?

REN said...

No... not quite yet! Still have to put in the application in May...

Benefits?! I get 10% off in Selfridges! :-) and fast lane at the airport immigration line! :-)

The Feedbackstar said...

34 pounds for a computer test? The very least they could give you is a A star to make you feel good. That's a lot of Singapore moolah leh....anyway, well done ren.