Wednesday 17 June 2009

Long Distance Relationship

I have a confession to make. I have been living a lie for the last 3 months. I should have known better!

I met someone who lives in Long Island and worked in New York. We have been speaking to each other on the phone and have countless emails to each other through all these time.

But with any long distance relationship and when you're in a new relationship, there will always be doubt. Constantly thinking of the other person, wondering what he's doing, analyzing each emails with very few words, dissecting every word from our conversation on the phone trying to make sense of them, feeling angry when he said he will call but never did, and feeling anxious when we missed each other's calls, he's always on the move and travelling, never have time for you and cutting each conversation short.

But now I know why. My US boss have just resigned and left the company!

Yes, my US boss did all the above since day one I joined the company. Please don't tell me you have only decided to leave only last week. A lot have happened the last 3 months and I have concluded that your departure was one of the reasons of your incompetence to lead. Speaking to my US counterparts have also concluded that he's one who talk the talk but may not walk the talk.

New twist. New beginning. The challenge continues.

6 comments:

モーモ said...

aiyoh..amoy
don't quite catch the story.
Are u really having an affair with him or this is just about work??

REN said...

Lol! Im having an affair with my ex-boss...NOT! You should see him! If you go on xtube and look at 'Broke Straight Boys', he sounded like the man behind the camera. So you can imagine everytime when Im on the phone with him. Hilarious!

don't ask so much... said...

lol...i thot u so scandalous leh..

The Feedbackstar said...

aiyoh aiyoh...scare me for a moment there!! HENG AH!

REN said...

Aiyoh! What I meant was his behaviour last few months was like as if we were in a long distance relationship! :-)

Fabien said...

hah... what xtube? what 'Broke Straight Boys'? wait let me check!