Saturday 27 June 2009

Little Nonya


Had very high hopes of this series because of GFKC's recommendation. Was watching, waiting and hoping. Then came episode 5... the water gate opens. The rest were history.

It was almost like watching a history lesson, with so much Peranakan colours and culture... in a way not too familiar but definitely can well relate to. D was slaying it before but once he started watching it, he was hooked! I even have to do explanation on the side to keep him in tune with the story line. I blame it on the Angmoh syndrome. Anything culturally unique, fascinates them.

Hmm...nod... nod... hm... hmmm (Thanks for the lovely gift GFKC! Really appreciates it. It's so us indeed! Made me kind of home sick every time I watched it. And the food! When we're back next time, we have to go eat Rempah Udang ok?! In the meantime, I'll just have to stick to eating D's Rempah Udang. Lol! xx)

It's amazing how a simple nod and sound means so much and have so much to say! ;-)