Wednesday 1 October 2008

Lady In Waiting - At Her Majesty's Pleasure

It's finally here! They have approved my application for British citizenship and the letter of invitation to the citizenship ceremony have just arrived in the post today. Wasn't expecting it to arrive till before Christmas, so I'm really pleased.

I have within three months to attend the ceremony to take the Oath of allegiance to the Crown and a Pledge of loyalty to the United Kingdom. As stated in the letter, this is a formal promise to Her Majesty the Queen and the United Kingdom.

With this means I'm also eligible to apply for the British passport and by doing so, I would have to renounce my Singapore citizenship.

I've been waiting for this for so long. Wanting this more than anything else. Seven years in the waiting. But now...

3 comments:

gfkc said...

congratulation. i am happy for u but find felt a bit sad, is thats the case for us to find happiness is to leave our 'home'?

don't ask so much... said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!! X-D

The Feedbackstar said...

yep me 2, sad n happy....so how much in ur CPF again? :) hmmm....a dinner treat is in order? hehe....congrats sweetie!