Sunday 25 November 2007

Home Sick

I'm finally home! It's always good to see the family and friends, except the horrible hot and humid weather. Everyone still seem the same except Mum has grown older each time when I'm back. From the moment I landed it was just a whirlwind of family and friends get-together with food, and more food! We ate and we drank. We laughed and we walked down the good old memory lane. It feels like I've been brought into a time capsule. All the stories in the past and all the people in the past... looking at us now... It feels like we've managed to freeze time and we are back in the early beginning. Freekish but it's always nice to be back.

Come tonight, the adrenalin is definitely calming down and the tiredness is kicking in. Finally have decided to call for a quiet night. Had a really nice family dinner and just wasn't up for another big boozy night with the boys. Time for rest.

It's almost 3am now and I'm wide awake! What's everyone doing back home? My home.

Another week here.

1 comment:

Fabien said...

When you're there you miss here, when you're here you miss there... permanent sense of displacement...

When you see Daniel later in the week, you'll probably feel a sense of belonging I hope :)