Saturday 17 November 2007

Friends Menu

There are many different types of friends one can have in a life time.

There are ones whom you are very close and best of mates with for a while but couldn't withstand the test of time... you drifted apart.

There are ones whom you will never be close to because there's nothing in common between both of you.

There are ones whom I'll classify as acquaintances, but after all these years of absence and just because you are now Facebook friends, suddenly you're best pals and unusual requests starts flowing through... I don't think so!

Than there are friends you are destined to be friends with forever long! Regardless of the amount of time you spent together, where you are and who you are... you can speak to anytime, pick up a conversation that was left months ago, updating each other's lives like repeats of a drama series, laugh at each other's silliness, share each other's secrets and keep it, will not let go of any chance of teasing each other's growing up fashion fau pax, know the context even before one speaks, understand and support each other regardless, getting into trouble together and covering each other, look after and be there for each other when one needs, see each other's flaws as just who we are... and many many more.

The scene is set... my Mum with her neighbourhood friends and my aunties... Sitting in Mum's kitchen or chatting over a cup of kopi in a coffee shop, laughing and exchanging daily news of each other. Giving each other advices. Sharing tales and experiences of their lives.

I'm very pleased that I have friends that I can do the same. Be it here in London, Singapore, Hong Kong or even Shanghai! I have friends whom I can call me own.