Sunday 28 October 2007

Men In Skirts

I have to say I am never a big fan of guys dress in skirts. Do nothing for me if you get my drift. But over this weekend, I was invited to attend a ball in Edinburgh. The theme was 60's but you can either show up in your black tie dinner suit or kilts of course!

I've no idea there's this whole particularity and different forms of wearing kilts. Not just from wearing your family tartan, but also choosing of the Prince Charlie Jacket, the Sporrans, Ghillie Brogues, Pins, and even how the shoe laces are supposed to be tied! Was totally ignorant of this whole form of knowledge. And the end result? It was greeat! Not on me of course! I wore my DJ but Daniel did. Nothing feminine at all, in fact on the contrary, very smart, very masculine.

The party was great fun. The company was brilliant and I even had a go at doing the Ceilidh dance. The whole party reminds me of a school prom that I've never been. Very nostalgic music and beautiful ballrooms. Was such a laugh!

And for those of you who are wondering... it is true of what's underneath those kilts ;-)

1 comment:

Fabien said...

hahaha when I went hiking in the mountains of the Three Sisters in the Highlands of Scotland a few years ago, our hiking group leader was scottish and he wore a kilt with nothing underneath, everytime the wind blew i made sure i got to see his meat & 2 veg hahaha and he didnt care!