Friday 11 September 2009

Broken Embraces With Inglourious Basterds

Go watch Almodovar's Broken Embraces for the pure campness and beautiful colours. His eyes for colours so daring, vivid and rich, and his love affair with his muse Penelope Cruz were worth every penny of the movie ticket price. I was never a big fan of his too detailed story telling movie making and still not a fan, but watching Penelope doing her thing made up for it.

And again was never a big fan of Tarantino but I was really pleasantly surprised by how good 'Inglourious Basterds' was! It was true Tarantino style (slightly over indulgent) and I was kept on the edge of my seat throughout. There were some funny bits and some truly gruesome ones too. The way he played with stereo types were brilliant! And Brad was again surprisingly good! One of the best opening scene (Chapter One in the movie) I've seen so far in 2009. Go watch!

1 comment:

don't ask so much... said...

i'm a big tarantino's fan!