Sunday 15 March 2009

Ah Che!

It has just been two weeks and I am slowly getting to know what kind of state I've got myself into at work.

A completely different work culture as compared to my previous companies. First was Singapore Airlines, then American company Hilton, then Sofitel, French and now Indian. Can't get anymore different!

Though Taj is a world famous brand of luxury hotels, very well known for their India properties and palaces, but their international network are still relatively young and their sales force... is rather undeveloped and third world shall I say.

It feels like I'm walking into a slum where I have to sort everyone out and set up procedures and define boundaries on my own, which is great in a way as with better understanding of my colleagues now, it will be so easy for me to implement and stand out from this group of people. Though it may be frustrating right now, but I am planning to turn this around and use their incompetence to my advantage! 6 months I've given myself.

A counterpart of mine have a very good explanation of Taj. She said 'Taj Hotels is just like in Mumbai. Total chaos and frantic, but some how, things work'. I like to be optimistic and take her words for it, but this group of people need to wake up their tandoori idea and start delivering effectively and efficiently! Gone are the days of pushing brochures and paying through our nose without getting anything in return!

Ah che!

4 comments:

Fabien said...

" use their incompetence to my advantage"
muwahahahaha so evil!

REN said...

Well it's either feel distress, upset, frustrated and do nothing about it or turn the situation around... :-)

モーモ said...

That's a jolly good plan...
Any business trips to India???

REN said...

India?! Ah che! Holiday maybe... Amazing palaces in India! Ah Che! I only represent their North American hotels. Ah Che!