Tuesday 13 October 2009

This Is It

A new record. Worked non stop for 9 weeks. A total of 63 days and I worked 61. It has finally taken it's toll.

As much as I enjoy working as a florist every weekends, I still have a rather demanding and stressful job with Taj (to pay for my sins) every day in the week. Long hours filled with some late finish. Can't complaint as it was my choice.

Thought I start planning and prepare for my next step. I'm young. I'll be fine. But you forget that there is a reason why we work 40 hour week as a standard, because physically one can only do so much. And it was a social suicide as well to say the least. No time for D, no time for friends, no time for myself. You work 9 - 12 hour day every day. You come home, you eat, and you rest. You are constantly tired. You're moody. You're tensed. The list goes on.

Though I can see that I'm learning loads and getting better as a florist but my day job and social Life is taking it's blow.

This has to stop. It's not the right time. I worked my last florist shift on Sunday. A huge weight off my shoulder. Suddenly I can smile again knowing that I have my first free weekend coming.

I still want to be a florist. In fact even more now then ever but it has to be in the right terms. Will only freelance whenever I can and till the day my sins are cleanse, I will have D, my friends and myself to make my days more bearable.

3 comments:

モーモ said...

You'll get there somehow...
But please don't be so hard on yourself..dear
Afterall we are no longer the SYT we use to be...(^-^)

don't ask so much... said...

take a break la...go eat fat char siew.

REN said...

I know... Thanks.

Evilll!! I like crispy pork!! ;-)