Thursday 7 May 2009

Tough Love


Just a blink of an eye, there she is... 73 years old. When and how did this happen?!

She seems to have grown smaller and weaker though her spirit is still ever strong and tough. You forget that she is no longer the same person physically that you used to know. She will always be my mum but suddenly you're the adult here and you playing the mothering role.

She said she is worried of me... Of me being single and have no one in my Life. I can almost taste my words in my mouth. Not just about coming out but to let her know I'm not alone and I'm sharing my Life with someone great. I know she will like him too.

Saying goodbye gets more difficult each time. The nose sniffling at the back of the car, the silence, the lingering eyes, the soft arm touch.

Getting old. A way of Life but what a damn thing!

2 comments:

don't ask so much... said...

c'est la vie

Fabien said...

i hear you... my mum shrunk too