Tuesday 30 December 2008

Christmas At The Masters

3 full days of family Christmas at the Masters. From the Christmas Eve dinner D and I prepared to D's Mum's Christmas 3 day spread and finishing off with me and D's Dad sharing the kitchen preparing our lunch before we bid farewell... a tiring but amazing time had by all.

- Lots of food and wine. Home-made puddings and great cheeses.
- Stocking pressies after Christmas breakfast, tree pressies during lunch, and more main pressies after lunch.
- Trivia Pursuit in the evening followed by a light supper.
- Early morning walk with the whole family into the village on Boxing Day and finish off with a couple of pints in the village pub.
- More food after and followed by more Trivia and UNO.

Family traditions of the Masters and all done with such ease and joy.

All the food and presents aside, I cannot ask for more than such wonderful welcomes and acceptances from the family. D was still D and I was just another new addition to the family... That's how I feel at least.

I can only wish that I've left a good impression. A hug from D's Dad while saying goodbyes said it all.

It may be just another Christmas for some families but to me, it was the most beautiful family Christmas that I've always dreamed of having. And for that, I will always be grateful.

1 comment:

モーモ said...

i can just imagine you glowing with happiness..Lovely sweetie..
Happy 2009