Saturday 10 May 2008

To Be Or Not To Be

It will always be a tough one... To be sensible or not t be? To grow up or not to? To live Life or not to?

There are things, ideas and dreams that I like to do, but to achieve all that I need to save... the good old line about 'Saving For Your Future'... or more like a curse growing up with Chinese values. Don't get me wrong as it's not a bad thing at all but what happen to 'living your Life to the fullest'?! 'Live for the day'?! and 'Be happy'?!

All these years, I've been blessed and so lucky to live the Life that I've always wanted. And at this very moment in time, I can't be more happier. Work, friends, family, lifestyle and now D. But there has always been the constant struggle and guilt of not preparing for my future. All the spending and no saving.

Well what you lose out on money saved... you gain on experiences and memories. I think that's definitely quality of Life. Its money and its our future I know, but I will not wait till when I am old to get on that plane and travel the world. I will not lead a boring, uneventful and unhappy Life just to save a few pennies and to show the world that I've made it. I rather be rich in my soul than rich on the outside. Within my means of course, that's most important.

You can't bring anything with you when you are dead... but you can now live with fond memories and pulse racing Life while you still can.

I think I've made my choice.

No comments: